Monday, 22 March 2021

Point 5 Why I choose Video Games as my track.

Why I choose Video Games by Lana Del Rey as my track.

By Phoebe Furze

I have finally decided to pick Video Games as my final song. I choose it over “My baby just cares for me by Nina Simone” and “You’ve got the love by Florence + The Machine.” They are all very different types of songs and give different vibes but I thought Video games would be the best fitting for my target audience and the theme of a love song. Video games reaches the requirement of three minutes long and exceeds it. Later on, I will possibly cut the song in the editing phase because otherwise, I will have to shoot for another whole minute.


I also find that the artist Lana Del Rey, is very current which will possibly appeal to my target audience and her style of music videos are very fitting to the theme of love. Lana’s music is usually very melodramatic and quite sad and I do think this will have a big impact on my work created but I don't really mind going in that direction. I also found out that she is signed to Universal Music Group (UMG). Which I think will be slightly helpful in my future work. When choosing my Artist I couldn’t help but think who would be the star in my music video… I thought it would be best to choose a female voice solely because I live in a girls house and I have a younger sister and due to covid I don’t know how often I will be able to see other people outside of my bubble.


 When I was choosing this song against my other options I was also torn between another song of hers “Born to Die”. You could say that they both have the same type of feel but I just think “Video Games” has a better beat to edit and work with. When shooting my video I will try to use a similar theme to Lana’s Videos so that it is still coherent. She does have quite a lot of heavy filters at times and also has a feel of an old type of recording which may be beneficial if I just have a phone. (However, I will try to use a camera to get the best possible quality.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Point 43: Final website link and music video

Website link:  https://pakfurze.wixsite.com/videogames Music Video: