Research Band websites that fall into the category of Indie Rock
I have researched multiple websites of artists whose genre is indie rock. I have chosen to look at the Arctic Monkeys, Oasis and Phoebe Bridgers. I had a look at Florence + the machine and MGMT but I felt both of their websites would not be useful to annotate. I didn't annotate MGMT's website because their homepage only included their new album cover and was not able to capture my attention for long. I also could not annotate Florence + the Machine because they were doing a lot of PR for the Cruella film because one of their songs featured in the film.
So instead I choose to continue looking at my three chosen websites. All three websites included enough pages to keep my attention and they all had a slightly similar feel to them and I would assume that is because they share the same genre. I choose as well to include two bands and one solo artist in case the websites would come off in a slightly different feel. They all share what most websites include such as a shop where you can buy their merchandise, see when their possible next tour is, where you can listen to them and links to their social media.
So instead I choose to continue looking at my three chosen websites. All three websites included enough pages to keep my attention and they all had a slightly similar feel to them and I would assume that is because they share the same genre. I choose as well to include two bands and one solo artist in case the websites would come off in a slightly different feel. They all share what most websites include such as a shop where you can buy their merchandise, see when their possible next tour is, where you can listen to them and links to their social media.
What I think is more interesting is that they all share the same format of having a black background, although my screengrab of Oasis makes it look like their website has colour that is only just a music video playing in the background. When you scroll lower it is also clack. They all as well include their logos at the top or in a very obvious place so that viewers can see that almost first. I also feel because all of their backgrounds are black it is obvious that they would use a white font but there really is no other signs of pops of colour except for Oasis's website.
At least in Phoebe Bridgers website she slightly works more with that Idea so that if you hover your mouse above the only image on her website the background of the website changes white. She also used her text to make her viewers have to stay on her website longer in order to read the text. I feel the arctic monkey only has one font and one image and I feel they did not put a lot of effort into their website, unlike Oasis where they include multiple links for people to see videos, albums of photos, how they are being represented in the press, their own news.
At least in Phoebe Bridgers website she slightly works more with that Idea so that if you hover your mouse above the only image on her website the background of the website changes white. She also used her text to make her viewers have to stay on her website longer in order to read the text. I feel the arctic monkey only has one font and one image and I feel they did not put a lot of effort into their website, unlike Oasis where they include multiple links for people to see videos, albums of photos, how they are being represented in the press, their own news.
I feel Oasis's website was best created because you can find out more about the artists and you can see what they would like represented of themselves and with the information they have provided. I feel it is the complete opposite for the arctic monkeys where although you can access their music videos and merchandise you have to click so many links which bring you to different website addresses which is just truly confusing and quite confronting for most people to find out more information about them, their work and what they are trying to represent.
In conclusion, I feel when I create my website I will try to approach it more with colour usage and trying to make it as attention-grabbing as possible without scaring away my audience and still keeping it simple enough for my target audience to understand how it all works. I will try as well to include more photos of my artist so that it comes across more like a website instead of just the website revolving around the music video. I will still try to keep synergy with the music video by including the same font.






No comments:
Post a Comment