Tuesday, 27 April 2021

Point 13 Logo Choice

 

When I was creating my logos I was unsure what my artist's name should be. So initially I tried to figure out my artist's name before I went with anything. I initially used websites that came up with common names or I used a website that created mixed names (a name generator). I didn't like the sound of any of them but I went with the name Vita it means life in Italian. I then began to create logos mixing the letters around making different shapes. I then also thought to use a dead tree because that would be a sign of no life. I tried to use fonts that I would possibly use in my music video but nothing suited. I felt none of the logos made sense to either my Target Audience, my music video or my website. 

I then tried again with my Artists name. I tried to find names that had more meaning behind them such as Althaia which means Healing and comes from Greek origin. I thought it would be a good idea to have names that had a greek origin because my target audience would have a greater appeal to my artist's name. I continued to look at names and found the word Laya even though it did not have a greek background I still felt it could be very fitting it means Rythm in Indian and I felt I could possibly make something interesting out of the logo. I was still not a hundred per cent concrete on the idea and when I was searching up the name for the meaning it came up with the result of Leda and the swan.

I immediately took to the name and started to research. Leda and the swan is a greek mythology story about Leda being seduced/raped by a swan who is actually the Greek god Zeus. Even though the actual story is a bit grim. I feel my target Audience (Romantic Academians) would read something like this and would find interest in it. I felt as well the fact that the animal was a swan was very fitting because I am intending on having some of my sets being near a river or a lake where a swan would live and it would tie in with my music video pretty well.

When I began to create the logos, I had multiple swans inspired logos but I thought that would be too obvious and would give my audience the wrong impression. I then thought instead I could use a feather. From research, I have found that feathers symbolise divinity and freedom.  I also feel that since my main Idea is revolving around if you care about someone enough you would be prepared to let them go, the symbolism of freedom would be very suitable.

To the right is the final Logo that I have chosen. The logo will either be shown in black or white depending on the backdrop it is shown against. I also feel that it can either be shown vertical or horizontal but never upside down or flipped. I feel I am pretty happy about the representation it is showing and the relation to my music video, target audience and my Artists name.

To find out more about the story of Leda and the Swan I have added a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leda_and_the_Swan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Point 43: Final website link and music video

Website link:  https://pakfurze.wixsite.com/videogames Music Video: