Thursday, 22 April 2021

Point 11 Statement of Intent

 Statement of intent

By Phoebe Furze

Music Video:

My music video will be fitting into the genre of love, my chosen song is Video Games by Lana Del Rey and my target Audience is Romantic Academians aged 16 -21. The concept of my music video is for my artist to be playing the main role in the video. The main gist of the storyline will be about a character she is missing and how the artist loved them so much they had to let them go and through the process she writes letters she never sends. I feel this is quite a common cliche of how if you truly love someone you just want them to be happy, even though it may hurt the other person. Because there will be elements of literature and romance I believe my target audience will definitely relate to the music video. I believe the overall theme will be very fitting with Lana Del Rey’s previous music videos and since Lana Del Rey is signed with UMG ( Universal Music Group ) I feel it will fit into their core values. The performers that I will use in my Music video will either be possibly drawn and done by stop motion or be my artist lipsyncing or acting, hopefully playing more into my target audiences stereotypes.  I will be using Mise-en-scene by including props like handwritten notes, burning paper and using certain destinations. The reason for this is that in Lana Del Rey’s video there is a major use of items either being burnt, bleached or smoked, so to make sure that my music video fits with intertextuality I will be incorporating that into my music video in some way. Another benefit of having handwritten notes is that it once again fits with my target audience.  I also feel that with having handwritten letters you usually write them to someone of importance, so that could give a representation of love. Later on in the process of creating my music video, I am intending on using stop motion and typography to essentiate some of Lana Del Reys lyrics. I will be wanting colour to have an effect on my music video, however, I don't want it to be very obvious. My plan is that after filming if it does not look coherent I will be either using filters or editing the colour properties later on using the software. I am also considering how fast and slow-paced I want my video to be and when filming should I use sped-up audio for my artist to use. I feel there will not be any dance in my music video mainly because I can not choreograph a dance and then edit it to a sound confidently. I am hoping to create an easy to follow narrative because once again I feel my target audience will respond better to a narrative than a performance. I also feel that it will also give me a better structure for creating the actual music video. My main objective is to be able to have an interesting and professional-looking setting. I am hoping that my transitions will also be clear and clean. The message of my video is basically about if you love someone you will let them go and how that my character doesn't want to bring down someone else for their own benefit. I think with that idea it will make sense in relation to love because usually there is sacrifice in relationships in order for them to either work or break.


Website:

For my website, I am hoping to include lots of visuals and a couple of different pages. I am hoping to have a page for social media, merchandise, music videos and albums and an eye-catching home page. I will not actually make any social media but instead, I will have links to where people can go to certain social media links. In relation to the merchandise, I am hoping that I will have an Iconic prop in my video and then be able to create merchandise from that. Throughout my website, I am planning to stick with a clear colour scheme and font. I am hoping to use the same font that I use in my music video as my website in order to keep catering to my target audience.  An idea that I am thinking about is just having the main homepage all about the new release but the music video won't be at the very top it will be at the bottom of the page so my audience will have to look through the website a bit more. I as well will make the whole website as clear as possible. My website will reflect Universal Music Group by having their logo/ details on one of my pages and by having a link to their website will also possibly get them more viewers to their websites. To add more speciality to my website I am hoping to include some images or videos of the behind the scenes footage for the music video. I think that will definitely attract my audience because they won't be able to access that footage anywhere else other than there on the website. In general, my aim is to keep people as long as they possibly can on my website and I will be doing that with visuals and as little writing as possible.


How I intend to link my media products to demonstrate my knowledge :

Synergy and branding are heavily important to media industries to create a concrete image of a person or brand or company. I feel without strong synergy most people will not have a concrete idea of someones image/ ideals. At times it can look messy and it can come across as weaker than other artists because it reflects that the artists themselves are not confident in what/ who they are representing. I am intending on using images from my shoots or have photoshoots that reflect my music video. I have stated before that I am going to have a certain iconic font and I intend on sticking switch that. I have yet decided what to have as my logo but I am hoping it will be simple enough for people to recognise it and immediately know that it is my artist's logo. I will have the link to my website at the end of my video and I am hoping at some point to include my logo within the music video I just don't know where yet.  On my website, I will have the logo either always at the top or in a very obvious place so that my audience sees it. I think including possible behind the scenes will definitely add something to my website that still works close to the music video. I think I may possibly add in a give away to free concert tickets and it will work as a raffle and I would have multiple people interacting with the website as well. The social media I will be posting will as well fit into the aesthetics of my person, website and music video. I am not sure at this time how I will properly incorporate social media yet but I do hope to use it as a way for the website to gain more viewers.


1 comment:

Point 43: Final website link and music video

Website link:  https://pakfurze.wixsite.com/videogames Music Video: